Friday 20 September 2013

IronMan

While I was still trying to figure out how to get the v-groove wheels to work my friend called me and said he had a surprise for me. The guy that collects his old iron, let call him IronMan, had this in the front of his truck...


My friend knows that I'm building a new CNC Router and thought this would make a perfect Z-axis. He asked IronMan if you could have the (soon to become) Z-axis and IronMan said "OK, but this is on a small part of it, the rest is in the back of my truck".



It is some sort of camera dolly that comes from a local photographer who is cleaning up his place. My friend offered IronMan 50 EURO for the lot and, lucky for me, IronMan agreed :)

My dad spent the rest of the day taking the thing apart and after cleaning everything this is what was salvaged.





From left to right and from top to bottom this is:
  • power PCB (12 and 24V DC)
  • transformer
  • 6 bearing blocks each with 4 wheels.
  • 2 linear guides of 32 cm
  • 1 bearing
  • 3 v-groove wheel, hmmm there was a time that I needed these.
  • 5 micro switches
  • stepper motor driver
  • 2 belts
  • the maybe still to become z-axis
  • DC motor h-bridge (I've 3 in total)
  • steppermotor
  • 2 24V DC motors with quadrature encoder
  • 16mm trapezium spindle with nut.
  • 2 linear guides 175 cm
  • 24mm trapezium spindle with nut
Now that I have all this cool stuff I need to make a design and start building my new CNC router.

No comments:

Post a Comment