Wednesday 28 August 2013

Everybody starts small

In 2009 me, my father and a friend got the CNC virus and we decided to build one. The first one was build using parts from old printers in combination with a dremel.

Some pictures of the very early prototype:



After playing with it for a couple of times we decided it needed a update, so we ordered some new stepper motors and a controller print and also changed the mechanics.






This is the machine I have for years now and worked fine but not perfect. The biggest problem is the Z-axis, every now and then it got stuck forcing me to reset the whole machine and start again. Also its cutting area is small (20x20 cm cutting area). 

So....again it is time for an upgrade!! I'm going to use this blog as a personal build journal but feel free to post comments and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment