Saturday 29 November 2014

X-axis second edition

To drive my X-axis I ordered a 20mm trapezium leadscrew with an anti-backlash nut from DamenCNC. Thanks to their quick service this arrived after only a couple of days.
16 and 20 mm trapezium leadscrew
I asked my dad to machine both ends of the 20 mm leadscrew using the lathe of my friend. What should have been an easy exercise became a bit of a challenge. The leadscrew didn't fit through the spindle head so we used a some what non conventional way of using the lathe :)
While my dad was machining the leadscrew I was using the CNC to mill the motor mount. I like to use SketchUp to design parts and CamBam to generate the machine (g-)code.



After spending an afternoon working the lathe and CNC the results are finally there.



And the first test run looked promising...





No comments:

Post a Comment